Magazine Project Research #4

    The forth magazine I chose for my research is called Gulf to Bay, it is a local travel magazine for the St. Peters-burg/Clear water area. The cover layout is organized nicely, with the font to the sides so it's not covering up the subject. The font colors portrayed are white, and blue adding to the effect of the coastal theme. Based on the pictures, and colors exhibited people most likely will gravitate toward it. A common theme I've noticed in this magazine and the past ones I've researched is that a bold white font is very common. The picture chosen for the cover shows a man riding a bicycle while also including palm trees, and an old-timey car in the foreground. 
    In this magazine I found articles about water excursions, restaurants to visit; varying from waterfront, casual, or kid friendly dining, 12 beaches to check out all located on the coast of Clearwater & St. Pete, and beautiful art sites for art lovers. Also, one of their minor articles include of a visit to see Winter the dolphin in the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. This aquarium is fascinating to people of all ages, as they get to witness injured animals that were rescued from the wild, be rehabilitated and released back into the ocean. Some of the advertisements sponsored in this magazine are airports such as the St. Pete- Clearwater International, and Tampa International. This magazine also advertises  resorts to stay at, for example; Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort, Miramar Beach Resort, Sand Glo Villas, etc. I was unable to find Gulf to Bay's distribution number, however when I was researching I found that magazines do not always list their number, especially small ones. They also haven't won any awards. I'm guessing they aren't very well-known, and they also don't have many issues. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research "Travel + Leisure Magazine"

Target Audience "Sunset Magazine"