Creative Critical Reflection Draft #3

  3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
My production skills have developed immensely throughout this project. Before beginning the production of my magazine I didn't know very much about graphic design. I was worried I wouldn't be able to produce a magazine because I had never done much online editing before. For example, I had to learn how to add footers, how to justify my text in columns, how to save my document to a jpeg, etc. I noticed that by knowing how to do these small little adjustments, it played a huge role in the production of my product. Looking back on my midterm submission and now my 3rd quarter submission, I noticed a dramatic difference between my articles. In my first submission, I didn't know about justifying my text, so the lines appeared all ragged. So when I  adjusted this in my 3rd quarter submission my article looked a lot more professional and authentic. By researching these techniques, playing around with all the mechanisms, and asking for help, my production skills were able to develop successfully. Also, I felt that when I grew more comfortable with these skills I was able to be more creative, and change around things from my first draft. It is important to not be afraid to try out different techniques, even if that means changing your whole layout. I wasn't satisfied with the way my article appeared in my first draft, so I tried a different route. Also, spacing was an issue when I justified my columns. There would be large gaps in a sentence which really bothered me, so I researched how to fix this. I found that if I highlighted my text and condensed the font, the spaces were less evident, or even there at all. All in all, I believe I have come a long way with my production skills from the start of this project after I learned more about the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research "Travel + Leisure Magazine"

Target Audience "Sunset Magazine"